Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mamma Mia!


So, last night, we went and saw "Mamma Mia!" It was actually pretty sweet because we got in for free because Nate knows someone working there. We were actually pretty surprised by it. But hey, a free movie is always good!

Yes, we went with the kids. They actually loved it because of all the infectious ABBA songs. It was pretty mild content-wise with the PG-13 rating, which is great of course. It was really quite fun and enjoyable to watch, even Nate really liked it. Poor guys, they were greatly out numbered. There must have been 10 women for every man there.

The story was fun, but I had two major complaints: 1) My sexy Colin Firth was a gay guy (he did seem a bit uncomfortable in that position) and 2) The girl didn't get married so that they could travel around and have fun. What, you can't have fun when you are married?

Meryl Streep was definitely a highlight of the movie, she looked like she had a great time doing it.

I would certainly recommend it if you enjoy ABBA (even secretly), it was a lot of fun!

2 remarks:

Cristin July 23, 2008 at 12:41 AM  

I am SO jealous. I really want to see this. I listen to the soundtrack daily, despite Pierce Brosnan's awful voice, it's still really entertaining. I wish my kids could sit through a movie in the theatre.

Kathryn July 23, 2008 at 1:39 AM  

Make Erik babysit, that's what I say! Yeah, Pierce Brosnan is not the best singer. Heck, if I am around still when it opens here, I may consider watching a kid or two. You need a break!

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP