Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's hot...

and not having air conditioning sucks. I am not a person that is big on summer. I mean, in the winter, there is basically no end to the layers you an put on yourself and the blankets you can put on your bed. But in the summer, there is a limit to what you can take off. And quite honestly, I don't think anyone wants to see me go past that limit. Thankfully, it should be cooler tomorrow.

I am trying to think it through, and the only big advantage I see in the summer of things you can do is swimming. But, I have not been in a pool for well over a year, and that is really sucky for me. Oh well.

The kids don't seem to mind and they have been enjoying playing in the water. On the back porch, I set out some basins of water and little cups for them to dump the water. It is literally hours of enjoyment for them and the porch is basically shaded for most of the day. Cheap entertainment!

The problem comes when we have to come inside. When I am trying to get something accomplished, they are busy somewhere making a mess that seems like it will take as long or longer to clean up than the thing I was already doing. Talk about frustrating. It is basically damage control everyday, all day. But I guess I can say they are playing together mostly tear free. But their exuberance plus the heat has me exhausted.

2 remarks:

Cristin July 11, 2008 at 2:27 AM  

I do have A/C and I'm terrified of the bill I'm going to get. Maybe it's for the best that you don't have it.

Kathryn July 11, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

It's true. I suppose being sticky is better than being broke!

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP