Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Viruses, Infections, Doctors and Orange Flavored Antibiotics..

About a week and a half ago, Nate started coming down with a quite severe cold that really did a number on him. I felt great until a week or so ago, I even got to spend some nice time with my sister Eliza and our childhood friend, Laura, as well as her cousin, Amanda. We had a really nice time.

Anyway, Nate took a few days off work last week because he felt so awful. My cold came on suddenly on Tuesday and is was quite up and down. Both girls seemed to have a milder version. They were both pretty chipper and only had runny noses and very little coughing. Cordelia had a well baby visit (her last with Dr. S, who I love, but we are moving to Kaiser). He did not see anything out of sorts with her, she just had a mild infection it seemed. Just for info's sake, she weighed 17 and a half pounds and was almost 29 inches. She's in the 40s in the percentile scale for weight and head circumference, and in the 70s for height.

By Saturday, we all seemed to be feeling a bit better and we enjoyed the McG Easter gathering (pics later). But on Sunday evening, both of their coughs (and mine too) had worsened and they both had fevers, so I was worried that something else could be wrong.

Today, my mom was nice enough to meet Cecily, Cordelia and I at the doctors. Turns out they both have ear infections! Cecily has had once before, but she was 11 months at the time so it had been awhile. They both got prescriptions for antibiotics and they gave me two rather tiny syringes to administer the medication. I feel really dumb about this now, but I misread the dosage amount. Instead of the recommended 8mL for Cecily and 4mL for Cordelia, I gave them 0.8mL and 0.4mL. The syringe only had a capacity of 1mL, so I guess that confused me. I am grateful I gave them too little rather than too much. Apparently, 4mL is actually a teaspoon. and 8mL is obviously 2. Wouldn't that be better to put down?

Anywho, neither girl would take any more straight, so I tried to trick both of them by hiding it in their foods. It worked with Cordelia, but Cecily would not take her amoxicillin laced yogurt. I don't know how I am going to get them both to take 19 more doses!

Ack! So, I am just hoping that we will all be better soon. I hate being sick!

0 remarks:

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP