Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Now Serving B271 at Window 9...

So, Monday was wonderful! Well, not exactly, I had to go to the DMV.

To know why I was there, we have to flashback several months. Last May, our registration was due on the car. We had the smog check done and the registration paid. Everything was fine, it seemed. We didn't realize (probably due to having a new baby the next month), that the stickers never came. January rolls around and Nate gets a parking ticket for lack of registration (that cost a nice 60 bucks!) while at work. A couple days later, we were in Bakersfield and I get pulled over for the same problem. The cop threatened that the car could be impounded it immediately, etc.

So, over the next few days, we try to figure out the problem. The people that did the smog check never reported the results to the DMV. We ended up having to pay yet another $70 to get another smog check.

There was still the issue of resolving the traffic ticket. Payment and correction was due today, so I decided to go on Monday.

After getting the kids ready and together, fed and happy, it was time to go. I had to drive to Nate's job to switch vehicles and head to Bakersfield. It seems like everything goes about twice as long, if not longer with a couple kids in tow.

We get to the DMV, get our number and wait. Thankfully, Cordelia had slept the whole trip down and was still sleeping happily in her seat. Cecily was sitting nicely in my lap. So we were waiting for about 20 minutes and I was talking to a nice guy. Then, Cordelia woke up and we had to wait another half hour. Just when the kids were starting to get restless and grumpy, our number was called. All the girl did was sign the citation and stamped it. Sheesh, all that waiting for not a lot.

Then I piled the kids back in the car and got some lunch. Cecily successfully dumped her juice so that her rear end was totally wet when we got to the Superior Court building. Of course, I didn't have any spare pants for her! So we went in and she wanted to go on the escalator, but we had to stand and wait for awhile longer. Cecily was grumpy and tired.

I was very grateful for getting all of that done and being ready to go home. Cecily played with her princess stickers and Cordelia, again thankfully, slept on the way. (She HATES the car!) Whew, I was very thankful to get home. I was worn out!

Too much money and too much time for something that wasn't even our mistake!

2 remarks:

Brooke March 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

We've had horrible luck with DMV stuff too. not to mention traffic tickets and don't get me started on Health ins. If you want to talk about incompitent people...Glad you got it all taken care of though.

Mansius Family March 13, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

If you ever need someone to watch the girls while you run errands down here in Bakersfield again let me know. I tried to run errands the other day with all three of my kids. 3 simple errands ended up taking all day. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP