Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cecily & The Apple Witch

I have been meaning to make a blog about this for awhile, but now I am finally doing it! It's not too exciting, so don't set yourself up for disappointment.
Photobucket
A few months ago, while sitting in my parents' house, Cecily wanted to watch a movie, so I got out the Snow White video and thought she'd get bored with it. Elizabeth and I never really watched it, we thought it was dull. BUT, she was enthralled! So, she has now watched it several times. She loves "Doe White" and the "Apple Witch" (which she recognizes in both forms, as the beautiful queen and as the hag).She will tell me, "'Cary apple witch go ooorrgghh" which means that the scary apple witch makes a mean noise.
Photobucket
The love of this princess has led into others. Cecily loves "The Little Mermaid" and "Cinderella" as well. I find it very interesting that she recognizes almost every female Disney villain and calls them all "Apple Witch" despite the differences in appearance.

I think I have got a "pincess" lover on my hands! She loves anything and everything with Disney princesses on it. Hopefully, her interest will get her to go on her princess potty! I may even buy her some princess shirts, even though I swore I'd never buy anything with characters on it. I just love how excited she gets about them, so it is worth it to me.

So, for now, while it is quiet time in the afternoon (when most kids her age nap), she gets to watch her princesses, and that is OK with me! An "apple witch" a day keeps the grumpy toddler at bay!



Now, we've got to plan a trip to Disneyland!

2 remarks:

Brooke March 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

I'm trying to figure out when we can go to Disneyland too. alaura LOVES the princesses. She hasn't watched many of the movies, she just loves pictures and talking about them. I'll have to try the little mermaid or something.

Cinderella March 10, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! We're planning a trip to Disneyland mid-June after my brother gets back from his mission, and I know we're planning on calling you guys at some point to see if you're up for it.

That would be fun!

:)

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP