Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Am Grateful

On Sunday, we had a lesson on death. With a focus on the death of young children. It is so difficult to imagine the experience of losing a child. Today, it is pretty rare to hear of people losing their child whether near birth or losing a child who is an adult. We think that this should never happen to us. We are so insulated from death, well, at least I am. Most people that I have known that have passed were older. More the age where we feel people should die.

I am so glad that I have such healthy and vibrant children and healthy pregnancies. I cannot imagine the anguish of those who have suffered such losses. The gospel is so comforting and reassuring in these cases, but it is still a shock to your life and emotions.

I am so grateful for these little girls, as irritating as they can be some days. I just can't wait to see them grow and become their own people. I thank God everyday for these blessings.

3 remarks:

Cristin August 13, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

I have also been thinking a lot about this same topic. Look at this post my friend did. It includes two links to blogs that have lost loved ones lately. The first one is a girl that Erik grew up with. She died in her sleep and left a husband with 4 small children. The second one is a family that lost their toddler because she choked on an apple. I read that blog and cried and cried.

Cristin August 13, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Oh, I forgot the link. Here it is -
http://rvjjharringtonest2003.blogspot.com/2008/07/cherish-those-you-love.html

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP