Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Monday, June 2, 2008

All Quiet On The Potty Front...

So, a couple months ago, I made a very excited post about Cecily going on the potty for the first time. So far, it has been the last as well. Very occasionally we get her to have some interest in the potty. And by occasionally, I mean maybe twice a month (since about a year ago). That's it. She has no interest in it whatsoever otherwise. She is 30 months old aka 2 & 1/2 years old. I don't know how to get her interested and I have tried a lot. I was told that a child that was ready would potty train in a week or so, and one that wasn't would take a month or more. I don't know the truth in that, but I don't think she is ready yet. I guess it will just be a waiting game until she's there. It does get a little frustrating when some of her peers are already there. But then others aren't. I suppose it's like any other milestone, she'll be there in her own time frame.

2 remarks:

ibelaura June 3, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

Hey Kat! don't give up on her just yet. Joshua had that problem and we had to HAVE HIM make a potty chart and he got to pick the stickers to go on it. The catch is there were bonues squares and he had to get to the bones square before he got the suprise..which was normally something from the dollar store once he had it filled up he was pretty much potty trained

Mansius Family June 3, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

Laura I love the idea. I might have to try that. We didn't even start to think about potty training with Joshua until he was 2 1/2 and Eliza has pretty much potty trained herself (though we have taken a few steps backward so I will seriously try Laura's idea) good luck.

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP